Quincy Stott is a member of the Government Contracts department focusing on all aspects of government contracts litigation and counseling. He concentrates his practice on bid protests, claims against the government before the boards of contract appeals, False Claims Act (FCA) matters, and traditional contract disputes, including disputes between prime contractors and subcontractors. Quincy’s practice also focuses on internal investigations and regulatory compliance issues, including cybersecurity and life sciences requirements.
Quincy currently serves as an education/certification co-chair on the board of directors for the National Contract Management Association-Denver Chapter.
Prior to joining the Firm, Quincy was a litigation associate at a well-known regional law firm in the mountain west. He has experience litigating a variety of federal, state, and administrative matters, including composing pleadings and briefing, arguing various motions, managing discovery, developing facts and witnesses, and negotiating favorable settlement agreements.
Quincy received his JD from the University of Virginia School of Law where he served as executive editor of the Virginia Law Review. He was also a Rosenbloom Award recipient, honoring his strong academic record and dedication to enhance the academic experience of other law students through volunteer efforts. Quincy graduated summa cum laude from Brigham Young University – Idaho in 2010 with a BA in English.
- Co-author, "DoD issues final rule on covered defense information clarifying contractor obligations," Dentons Client Alert, October 21, 2016
- Co-author, "Notable False Claims Act decision in California attempts to restrict Escobar," Dentons Client Alert, September 27, 2016
- Co-author, "Universal Health and False Claims Act Implied Certification Liability," Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report, July 5, 2016
- Co-author, "Supreme Court radically transforms FCA implied certification theory," Dentons Client Alert, June 17, 2016
- Co-author, "US Supreme Court grants certiorari to resolve seal requirement in FCA litigation," Dentons Client Alert, June 1, 2016
- Co-author, "What to Glean From the Universal Health Services Oral Argument," Bloomberg BNA Federal Contracts Report, May 3, 2016
- Co-author, "DOD guidance pushes use of incentive contracts," Dentons Client Alert, April 19, 2016
- Co-author, “End of the line for ‘worthless services’ damages under the False Claims Act,” Dentons Client Alert, February 24, 2016
- Co-author, “ASBCA addresses array of CAS cost impact issues, mostly to the detriment of contractors,” Dentons Client Alert, July 20, 2015
Activities and Affiliations
Presenter, “Post-Award Contract Management,” National Contract Management Association’s CPCM Study Group, March 1, 2015
Co-presenter, “FAR Updates,” National Contract Management Association’s Focus on the FAR Seminar, February 9, 2016
Co-presenter, “The UCTI Clause – In Depth,” Public Contracting Institute, January 5, 2016
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Wyoming Bar Association
- Board Member, National Contract Management Association-Denver Chapter